Day 1:Uros Islands and Amantani
We will pick you up from the Bus Station so will take to our lodge where you can take a hot shower and have breakfast after this Between 7.40am and 8am Transfer from the lodge to the port and by motor boat we take you to one of the legendary Uros Islands where you can observe the lives of the Uros people who live on floating reed islands, some only 20 meters in length. After a beautiful 3hr boat ride we reach Amantani Island where we will break into smaller groups to stay with the local families. You have the opportunity to trek to the top of the mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata and enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family meals’ lunch, dinner with
Accommodation: rustic accommodation with family. Maximum Altitude: 4150 m.a.s.l.
Day 2: Taquile Island – Puno -Cusco
After breakfast we take a short boat ride to the neighboring Taquile Island, where we will tour around the ruins and visit these beautiful people, world famous for their intricate and fascinating weavings, after lunch we take the return trip to Puno. Arrival in the afternoon and transfer back to The Bus Station aprox 4 pm. ( so you will take the confortable Bus back to Cusco at around 9:30 p.m. so you will be back in Cusco by 6:00 am next morning)
Included / Not Included
- Professional, English speaking-Spanish guide
- Round Trip Cama Bus from Cusco-Puno-Cusco
- Collection from Puno Bus Station
- Admission ticket to the Islands
- Motor boat-driver
- Speedy boat ( Class services)
- 01 Night Home stays with the Families (Amantani).
- DAY FIRST: 01 Typical Lunch-01 Typical Dinner-01 Typical Breakfast.
- DAY TWO: 01 TypicalBreakfast and Lunch in Taquile Island
- 24 Hour assistance
What’s not included?
- Snacks and Water
- Travel insurance
- First aid kit
- Tips for the guide-driver boat
You should bring
- Positive mind
- Smile around the trips
- A light day pack to carry your things
- Water bottle
- Money for snacks, souvenirs and tips if you wish to tip, in Peruvian soles
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Jumper (sweater)
- Rain protection (or plastic poncho)
- The Puno region can experience “all seasons in one day” therefore it´s wise to take a warm hat and gloves, as well as s sunhat, when you leave in the morning, in order to be prepared for all eventualities
- Recommendable to be in Puno, 1day before to start the trip, altitude conditions. As long as you take the time to acclimatize properly in Puno ie just rest on arrival you will probably just experience light effects but you are at 3800 meters and the walk on Taquile Island will find you puffing so take it slow.
Prices & Avaylability
DURATION: 2D/1N tour.
DEPARTURE: 7:30 am -3:30h- daily.
*Shared service, or private services, please mentioned in your reservation. Special prices for groups or students.
PRICE USD 100 PER PERSON