The best and most requested tour that includes: Cusco Rainbow Mountain and Machu Picchu in 5 days. is an exclusive tour that has been promoted in recent years, giving visitors more ease and greater flexibility in their travel plans for Cusco.
During the duration of the tour (5 days and 4 nights), there will be the following adventures and tours:
- Cusco – city tour.
- Rainbow Mountain – adventure in Vinicunca.
- Machu Picchu – trip to the Inca citadel and hot waters.
DAY 1: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
DAY 2: Rainbow Mountain – Ausangate Mountain (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
We will pick you up early from your Cusco hotel and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) is 3 hours long. Once we reach the Inkintuyoc bridge, we will have a fueling continental breakfast.
We then start off on our hike, following a lovely stream. You will be immediately surprised by literally herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have consistent views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will hike through villages and interact with the local residents. We will stop for a deluxe box lunch along the trail.
Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 5 hours, we finally reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 4 to 5 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3 hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 8 and 9 PM.
DAY 3: Sacred Valley of the Inkas to Aguas Calientes (Overnight in Aguas Calientes)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we take the train at Ollantaytambo train station 2 hours to get Aguas Calientes where we do overnight (B, L)
DAY 4: Full Day Machupicchu Tour (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
Early breakfast and the we take the first bus at 5:30am to be at Machupicchu at 6:00am and we get our entrance fee to climb huaynapicchu mountain (Only 25 minutes ride by bus) where you will get a guided tour (2 hours) then free time to explore and climb huaynapicchu mountain and after you have enjoyed the lost city of Machupicchu, we will go down to the Aguas Calientes town to return to Ollantaytambo and then we will take a bus back to cusco.and then transfer to your accommodation (B,L).
DAY 5: Transfer to Cusco Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
Breakfast and according time, transportation will be provided to go the airport (B). END OF THE SERVICE and if you want an extension to other destinations let us know to customise you trip. Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
Included / Not Included
- – Entrance Fee to Machupicchu
– Tourist Train(Round Trip) From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
– Bus Up & Down (From Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
– English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
– Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
– AGUAS CALIENTES : 01 night hotel Accomodation
– CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- – Includes Tourist Transportation, English Guide 1 breakfast, 1 Lunch & entrance fee to the rainbow mountain
- Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
– City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
– Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
– Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
– All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- – Domestic Flight Tickets from Lima – Cusco -Lima
- – International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- – All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- – Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- – The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- – Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- – Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- – Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- – Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- – Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- – We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- – Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Terra Quechua highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Terra Quechua will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- – Original Passport (and some copies)
- – Travel insurance (and some copies)
- – Airline tickets (and some copies)
- – US$ cash and travellers cheques
- – Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- – Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- – Camera and films
- – Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- – Reading/writing material
- – Binoculars
- – Cover for backpacks
- – Pocketknife.
- – Fleece top
- -Windproof/waterproof jacket
- – Small towel and swim wear
- – shirts/t-shirts
- – Sun hat
- – 2 pairs of shorts
- – 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- – 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- – Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
- – Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- – Sport hiking sandals
- – Sun block
- – Sunglasses
- – Toiletries (biodegradable)
- – Watch or alarm clock
- – Water bottle
- – Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- – Flashlight (head light recommended)
- – Money belt
- – Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- – Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- – Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- – Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
- – Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- – Thermal underwear
- – Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Prices & Availability
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
Please, Note: All our Tours in Cusco & Lima are (Small Groups 02-06ppl – 08ppl Maximum) We are not going to pass you onto a Big Rushed Tour Groups. What most agencies do here.
We want you to have a Memorable Lifetime Trip!
and if you choose Bed & Breakfast you will stay in our TerraQuechua Guesthouse Homestay. Private rooms with private shower and bathroom (in cusco only) and includes Shuttle transportation to go to the town square.(Please a detailed page of Terra Quechua Guesthouse above)
Double Room, Matrimonial(Twin Beds Room) Occupancy. Shared Group Service
Prices shown Below are per person, based on Twin bed room occupancy and in US$ Dollars.
Bed & Breakfast – Hostel/ US$600
3 Stars Hotel/ US$790
4 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
5 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
3-star la Faraona (Miraflores), El Carmel (Miraflores),Casa Andina (Miraflores), Best Western Embajadores Hotel or similar.
4-star San Agustin Exclusive or Sol de Oro (Casa Andina Select Miraflores opening May 2011)
5-star Casa Andina PC, Radisson Decapolis or similar.
Airport Ramada Costa del Sol airport hotel.
Deluxe Miraflores Park Plaza (Orient Express), JW Marriott, Lima Country Club or similar.
3-star Casa Andina Ciudad Blanca or similar.
4-star Posada del Inca Arequipa, Cabildo or similar.
5-star Libertador Arequipa, Casa Andina Private Collection or similar.
B&B Terra Quechua Guesthouse(Homestay)
B&B- El Virrey, Amaru I, El Triunfo
3-star Mirador Apu Hotel, Casona Real Cusco, Hatun Wasi or Similar
3-star Casa Andina Classic, San Agustin El Dorado, similar.
4-star Costa del Sol Picoaga, Novotel, Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available) or similar.
5-star Casa Cartagena, Libertador, or Suite at the Casa Andina Private Collection inc. oxygen, matrimonial beds only, or similar.
Deluxe Monasterio (Orient Express), Inkaterra La Casona or similar.
Machu Picchu (AGUAS CALIENTES) (HOTEL)
B&B- Pumas Inn, Sumaq Muyurina
3-star La cabaña, El MaPi (ex Machu Picchu Inn), Machupicchu Green Nature, Intipunku or similar.
4-star Hatuchay Tower or similar; includes dinner at Hatuchay Tower.
5-star Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo, Sumaq Machu Picchu or similar.
Deluxe Sanctuary Lodge (Orient Express – includes all meals), or Suite at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo.
PUNO (Lake Titicaca) (HOTEL)
3-star Casa Andina Plaza, Puñuypampa Inn or similar.
4-star Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available), Sonesta Posadas del Inca or similar.
5-star Libertador Lago Titicaca or Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen inc) or similar.
Deluxe 1 night Deluxe hotel. Hotel Titilaka. Includes accommodation in a Dawn Suite; choice of excursions in and around Titicaca Lake with bilingual (Spanish and English) guide; all meals.
ISLAND OF THE SUN (HOTEL)
Standard Posada del Inca Eco Lodge, Inca Utama or similar
LA PAZ (HOTEL)
3-star Rosario or similar.
4-star Rey Palace or similar.
5-star Radisson Plaza, Europa or similar.
COLCA CANYON (HOTEL)
3-star Pozo del Cielo or similar.
4-star Casa Andina or similar.
5-star Libertador Colca Lodge or similar
Deluxe 1 night deluxe accommodations (individual casitas) in Orient Express Casitas del Colca. Includes: Buffet Breakfast A la carte lunch A la carte dinner Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages excluding premium alcoholic brands and special wines Full Mini-bar A la carte activities such as Peruvian Paso horse riding, hiking tours, painting lessons, fly fishing lessons, cooking lessons and pisco sour lessons. 10% service charge
3-star Casa Andina or similar.
4-star Nazca Lines or similar.
3 Star Hotel La Posada del Emancipador or similar
4 Star La Hacienda Bahia Paracas or similar
5 Star Doubletree Guest Suite (weekend rate w/ view of pool) or similar
Deluxe Hotel Paracas (Garden View) or similar