FIRST DAY BUS RIDE FROM CUSCO TO PUNO (WITH STOPS) BY FIRST CLASS BUS
(CUSCO – PUNO leaving cusco at 7:00 am arriving to puno at 5:00 pm)
It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God)
To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano. Reception and transfer from the fist class bus station to the hotel Overnight at Hotel.
SECOND DAY: UROS- AMANTANI (OVERNIGHT AT AMANTANI ISLANDS)
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating “islands” of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own “islands” by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called “totora”. Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
THIRD DAY: TAQUILE-PUNO
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00pm.
Included / Not Included
- First Class Bus (MER) Tourist Bus with stops and visit guided.
- Hotel in puno
- Transfer from hotel to the Port
- Professional English Guide
- 1 night in Homestay (overnight at amantani)
- 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner ,1 Breakfast
- Boat puno port ( uros-amantani-taquile)
Entrance fees to the islands
- Lunch on the second day
- Transfer puno port to the hotel or terminal( End of the Service)
What’s not included?
- Snacks and Water
- Travel insurance
- First aid kit
- Tips for the guide-driver boat
You should bring
- Positive mind
- Smile around the trips
- A light day pack to carry your things
- Water bottle
- Money for snacks, souvenirs and tips if you wish to tip, in Peruvian soles
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Jumper (sweater)
- Rain protection (or plastic poncho)
- The Puno region can experience “all seasons in one day” therefore it´s wise to take a warm hat and gloves, as well as s sunhat, when you leave in the morning, in order to be prepared for all eventualities
- Recommendable to be in Puno, 1day before to start the trip, altitude conditions. As long as you take the time to acclimatize properly in Puno ie just rest on arrival you will probably just experience light effects but you are at 3800 meters and the walk on Taquile Island will find you puffing so take it slow.
Prices & Avaylability
DURATION: Full day tour.
DEPARTURE: 7:30 am -3:30h- daily.
*Shared service, or private services, please mentioned in your reservation. Special prices for groups or students.
PRICE USD 290 PER PERSON