DAY 1 : CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – ALFAMAYO BIKING – HUAMANMARCA – SANTA MARIA (Biking + Rafting Included)
We pick you up from your hotel at around 7:00 am and travel by bus for approximately 3 hours to ABRA MALAGA OR ALFAMAYO(to be chosen) where we are going to start biking for about 2 hours we are enjoying beautiful sceneries of those mountains and along we are going to see many beautiful landscapes typical of the cloud forest of that region on the way we will have a chance to stop at huamanmarca (first archeological site) here you will have a good lunch then will have a short van ride that takes you to Santa Maria where we are going to spend the first night at hostal , enjoying the sunset of the Andes.
* included Rafting vilcanota river once we get to Santa Maria , our rafting guide will be waiting ready to start a new adventure .this exciting journey will start in Santa Maria bridge, doing a journey of 2 hours through the Vilcanota Sacred River, there we will see beautiful landscapes, finding rapids of nomination 3 and 4 (dry season) becoming then a very exciting and awesome journey, here we will always have a safety kayak, to provide the security we need. Once the journey is done, a bus will be waiting for us to go back to Santa Maria where we will have dinner and spend our first night in a local hostel.
*included Biking and Rafting.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation :Hostel Room simple, double, triple.
- Máximum Altitude:4,350 m/14,267 ft
- Mínimum Altitude:1430, m/4,676 ft
- Distance biked: 48 km approx
- Approximate Rafting Time: 2 hours
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA INCA TRAIL– COCALMAYO HOT SPRING – SANTA TERESA (Trekking)
At 06:30 am you wake up in order to enjoy our breakfast typical of the Inca jungle trek, after we will start hiking along the river bank then we climb to start the section of original Inca trail as we walk up and down precipitous cliffs over the stunning valley, your guide will explain about flora, fauna and Inca jungle history revealing some of what little we do know from this ancient and amazing culture. The Inca trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have free time to relax in hammocks. Keep an eye out for natural fruit, especially the taste explosion that is Maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch the hike continues along the Urubamba River, crossing it in cable car consisting in a car and pulley. your day of hiking ( around 16 km ) concludes with a visit to the impressive Santa Teresa hot springs .sink into the warm water and let the aches of the Inca jungle trail melt away .then continue hiking to Santa Teresa for dinner and a comfortable hostel .
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation : Hostel Room Simple. double, triple.
- Maximum Altitude: 2,650 m/8,665 ft
- Minimum Altitude: 1800, m / 3,924 ft
- Distance Walking :16 km approx
- Approximate Walking Time:7-8 hours /Ascent up: 800 m
DAY 3 : SANTA TERESA – HYDROELECTRIC HIKE – AGUAS CALIENTES. (ZIPLINE INCLUDED)
This day you have two option; you can either walk from Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes (11 kilometers total ) or do a zip line tour in the morning (with transport to the hydroelectric station ) and walk the final 7 kilometers . whatever option you choose ? .the group will meet again in the hydroelectric station .for having lunch and after we will walk 3 hours along the train track to Aguas Calientes town . Where we are going to sleep at hostel and have dinner then get briefing about the guided tour in Machupicchu for the following day and you have option to visit the Aguas Calientes hot springs (20 soles entry)
* included zip line in Santa Teresa
- Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Máximum Altitude:2100 m/ 6,867 ft
- Minimum Altitude:1800 m/ 5,886 ft
- Distance Travelled :12 km approx Approximate Walking Time:5-6 hours / Ascent
up: 200 m
DAY 4 : AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN – MACHU PICCHU THE WONDER– CUSCO
The most important day because we visit fully Machu picchu, we will Walk up 1:30 hours to the same Sanctuary of Machu picchu we will try to get as sun is rising up to see the sunrise or take postcard pictures so after a 20 minutes of free time to take pictures we are going to start exploring the city itself. Our guide will explain you the story of Machu picchu and then you will get free time to explore by yourselves to take pictures. In the afternoon you have to go down to aguas calientes town to take the Train to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast.
- Máximum Altitude:2,450 m / 8,011 ft
- Mínimum Altitude:2,100 m/ 8,867 ft
- Distance Travelled: 9 km approx Approximate Walking Time:1.30 hours / Ascent up: 350 m
Included / Not Included
Inca Jungle trek 4D/3N
- Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 7:00am)
- Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
- Tourist train (EXPEDITION) 14:55 or 18:20 hrs back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu (optional machupicchu Mountain, huaynapicchu Mountain.) see availability.
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunch, 3 dinners
- Mountain full suspension scott Bike ,Helmet and gloves
- 2 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa, 01 night Hotel aguas calientes.
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our terra Quechua office.
- *Vegetarian/special diet options free available.
- Biking+ Rafting + Zipline.
Inca Jungle Trek 4D/3N
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel) if not we will stop in ollantaytambo for thge Breakfast by yourself.
- lunch after visit Machupicchu
- Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 10 soles or Aguas Calientes 20 soles
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$12 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 12 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Terra Quechua highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
Terra Quechua Additional Things Include:
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Terra Quechua peru (The Best 100% Local Tour Operator)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:55, 18:20 hrs and being the 21:50 hrs the last train. Terra Quechua Peru will organize the transport back to Cusco (by Van).
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU SHARED SERVICE 4/Days / 2021 – 2022
Small Group Shared Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 08 ppl Average – 12ppl Maximum)
*Price per person by train Adult US$380 & Students US$360
*Price per person by Car from Hidroelectrica to Cusco Adult US$320 & Students US$300
Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days 2021 – 2022
and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size,we don’t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
Special Service just for You.
-02 persons group / US$480 per person
-03 persons group / US$460 per person
-04 persons group / US$440 per person
-05 persons group / US$420 per person
Inca Jungle Frecuently Asked
We advise Bringing the Following Personal Equipment:
-small backpack of 10 – 14 kilos
-Hiking boots (preferably waterproof with ankle protectors),
-Sun hat or cap
-Raincoat (or plastic poncho).
-It is recommended to bring appropriate clothing for sunny days.
Also, depending on your interest, bring a camera or camcorder, binoculars, sunglasses, a compass. All equipment must be of light or moderate weight.