Day 1: Cusco /Abra Malaga (Biking) – Santa Maria (Rafting)– Santa Teresa (Over Night Hostal)
The program of Inca Jungle trek Machu Picchu starts when we pick you up at your hotel from 7:30 am.
then we head towards the sacred valley of the Incas, along the way we will see pictures and villages and beautiful landscapes, arriving at Ollantaytambo, after a break we will continue with the trip by bus. After 1hr. aprox. we will arrive at the Abra Malaga around 11:30 am. (4350 mt / 14 271 feet.), point of departure with the bikes, we will descend for 2 hrs, passing through small villages, orchards, rivers and streams, reaching the Village Huamanmarca around 1:30 pm. Approx. where we will have lunch. Then our private bus will take the group for 30 min. to the town of Santa Maria.
Once we get to santa maria , our rafting guide will be waiting ready to start a new adventure .this exciting journey will start in CHAULLAY bridge, doing a journey of 2 hours through the Vilcanota Sacred River, there we will see beautiful landscapes, finding rapids of nomination 3 and 4 (dry season) becoming then a very exciting and awesome journey, here we will always have a safety kayak, to provide the security we need. Once the journey is done, a bus will be waiting for us to go back to Santa Maria then Santa Teresa where we will have dinner and spend our first night in a local hostel.
The rapids in this part of the river are considered some of the best in Cusco and the warm weather makes this tour and unforgettable experience.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation : Hostel
- Máximum Altitude:4,350 m/14,267 ft
- Mínimum Altitude:1430, m/4,676 ft
- Distance biked:48 km approx
- Approximate Rafting Time:2 hours
Day 2: Santa Teresa (Zipline) – Hidroeléctrica – Aguas calientes
This day you have two option; you can either walk from santa teresa to aguas calientes (11 kilometres total ) or do a zip line tour in the morning (with transport to the hidroeléctrica station ) and walk the final 7 kilometres . whatever option you choose ? the group will meet again in the hidroelectrica station for having lunch and after we will walk 2.5 hours along the train track to aguas calientes town . where we are going to sleep at hostel and have dinner then get briefing about the guided tour in machu picchu for the following day and you have option to visit the aguas calientes hot springs (20 soles entry )
- Meals:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Maximum Altitude:2100 m/ 6,867 ft
- Minimum Altitude:1800 m/ 5,886 ft
- Distance Travelled :12 km approx
- Approximate Walking Time:5-6 hours / Ascent up: 200 m
Day 3: Visit Machu Picchu – return to Cusco
At 04:00 am, the group have to wake up to be ready to hike up to the inca citadel of machu picchu, the hiking starts by following the bus road for about 20 min then take a short trail that goes up to the archaeological site of machu picchu , having the amazing opportunity to see the sun rising after registration in the main entrance of machu picchu which is open at 06:00 am, as soon as we are walking around inca citadel of machu picchu, the guide will explain about the inca history and share everything he knows , the guiding tour begin in the morning then you will have free time to visit and walk by yourself, having account the returning train schedule, if you have enough time you can climb the most famous Huayna picchu mountain or Machu picchu Mountain where you can see the inca citadel at all its splendor then by the afternoon , you can take a bus or walk back down to aguas calientes , to get on board touristic train toward ollantaytambo then you will be pick up in touristic bus back to cusco city .
- Meals:Breakfast, Lunch.
- Maximum Altitude:2,450 m / 8,011 ft
- Minimum Altitude:2,100 m/ 8,867 ft
- Distance Travelled: 9 km approx
- Approximate Walking Time:1.5 – hours / Ascent up: 350 m
Included / Not Included
What is included inca jungle trek machu picchu:
- Transfer from your hotel at 7:30 am
- Private car to Santa María or biking point
- Bike front Suspension gloves, helmet, Elbow and knee pads, Jackets.
- All meals except the first breakfast (2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners)
- 2 Nights Accommodations ( Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo 18:20 hours, then will continue by tourist van arriving Cusco 10:00 PM Drop off in the center of Cusco.
- Rafting + Zipline
What is not included inca jungle trek machu picchu:
- First breakfast
- Drinks and snack.
- Entrance to Hot Spring.
- buses up and dwon from Aguas calientes to machupicchu.
- tickets to Huaynapicchu, and Machupicchu Montaña.
What we recommend that you bring:
- Small backpack.
- a polar jacket or fleece.
- Good trekking shoes or boots
- Rain poncho (or Rain Jacket)
- Bathing Suit, Sandals and towels
- Insect repellent
- T-Shirts and Shorts
- Sun block, Sun glasses and hat
- Personal Medicine
- Original passport.
Prices & Availability
Group size:08 min – 15max.
Departure dates: Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.
If you want to back from Hidroelectric to Cusco by car, ask at the office please. Price per person US$ 210
OUR FIXED DEPARTURE 2020