This tour is for those of you that already know about Machupicchu, have heard about the wonders of Sacsayhuaman, and want to be able to experience the colourful festival of Inti Raymi (The Sun Festival) - an Inca ceremony to coincide with the winter equinox. The parade and ceremonial dance is a tribute to the sun god, including a ritual sacrifice of a llama. It is also a fiesta for the local citizens. This trip is not to be missed if you want to see more of the real Peru and how they celebrate their Incan festivals.
- Day 1: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).(21srt June)
- Day 2: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Train Aguas Calientes(Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes).(22nd June)
- Day 3: Free Day In Cusco (23rd June)
- Day 4: Inti Raymi (24th June)
- Day 3: Machupicchu early Morning Exploration Full Day & Trai Back to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco (Overnight Hotel Cusco).(25th June)
- Day 4: Transfer Hotel to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)(26th June)
Price: Sale: $..00 USD per person
DAY 1: 21ST JUNE ARRIVAL IN CUSCO:
Upon arrival in Cusco you will be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon we meet for the City Tour. We visit the most important attractions in and around Cusco, e.g. Koricancha Temple, the Cathedral, the ruins of Sacsayhuaman over looking the city, Qenco, Puccapucara and Tambomachay ending in our hotel. (B)(HOTEL)
DAY 2: 22ND JUNE CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY (FULL DAY TOUR):
Following a delicious breakfast buffet at your hotel you will be met by your guide who will take you on a tour of The Sacred Valley of the Incas over the Vilcanota river. This tour includes a visit to the village of Pisac with its traditional local market. In the afternoon we pass through Calca and Urubamba to arrive at the village and fortress of Ollantaytambo. On our return to Cusco in the evening we visit the picturesque Andean village of Chincheros where the remains of what was the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui lies and admire its well preserved walls at the main square. The night is free for you to eat in a restaurant of your choice. Ask our guide for a suggestion. (B)(HOTEL)
DAY 3 : 23RD JUNE CUSCO (FREE DAY):
Today you have a free day to allow you to meander through the streets and markets of Cusco. An excellent opportunity to take some photographs or visit some of the other museums in Cusco. If you are feeling adventurous you can take one of our full day or half day optional tours like horse riding, mountain cycle or rafting. Please check out our optional tours. (B)(HOTEL)
DAY 4 : 24TH JUNE INTI RAYMI (FULL DAY TOUR):
We attend the impressive festival of Inti Raymi on Sacsayhuaman esplanade with a private guide and experience this ritual which has been celebrated since the time of the Inca. It is the central act of the celebration done in Cusco during this month, displaying the flamboyancy of the religious ceremonies of the Inca Empire. The ceremony begins at the Temple of Koricancha, continuing to the main square of the city, and ending at the esplanade of Sacsayhuaman. The central most important character is the Inca. When the ceremony ends the presentation of folkloric groups begins. All entrance fees and transportation is included, as well as a box lunch in the afternoon. (B/Box lunch)(HOTEL)
DAY 5: 25TH JUNE MACHUPICCHU:
We depart in the early morning aboard the Bus to get Ollantaytambo where we have our breakfast. Surveying the Sacred Valley of the Incas we take our train to Machupicchu Sanctuary , one of the greatest archaeological wonders on the planet. Here we will have a guided tour explaining some of the background and history behind the citadel. After a long day we will relax in the hot springs and then in the afternoon we take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco. (B)(HOTEL)
DAY 6: 26TH JUNE HOTEL – AIRPORT:
We have breakfast in the hotel before being transferred to Cusco airport. Good-Bye – we hope to see you again soon.
Included / Not Included
INTI RAYMI INCLUDES:
- 05 nights (hotel) Breakfast included
- All Transfers
- Tour and Entrance fee to Sun Festival ( at Sacsayhuaman) Includes: Scorted Tour and Bus Transportation
- (Box Lunch)
- City Tour and Sacred Valley Tour with all Entrance fees and Guided Tour.
- Train Backpacker (Round Trip) Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu
- Local Guide In Machupicchu
- Bus Up and Down from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
INTI RAYMI DOESNT INCLUDE:
- Domestic flights
- Airport Flight Taxes
- Drinks, Laundry Service and tips
- Food while on your trip.(food which are not mentioned on the tour).
What we Recommend that you Bring:
- Use tennis shoes or sneakers.
- You have to bring your(Passport )
- Students have to bring student card (ISIC CARD)
- Drinking lost of liquids on long excursions,specially during the trek.
- Long pants or slacks.
- Several T -Shirts.
- Swearters and a jacket.
- Rain wear ( you never know when will rain even if it’s the dry season)
- Insect Repellent and Sun block ( Sun is always stronger in such altitude).
- Personal first and Kit.
- water bottle .
- Alight backpack.
- Gloves,scarf,hat or cap and sunglasess.
Huayna Picchu Mountain
This is the more popular of the two optional mountain walks, but also can be very busy. 200 people start climbing from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., and 200 people start between 11 am to 12 and a total of 400 people climb every morning. The trail is quite steep and takes about 1.5 hours to climb up and down – the people who have problems with vertigo can not enjoy this trip. There are some interesting archaeological ruins at the top of Huayna Picchu.
Machu Picchu Mountain.
This hike is less popular than Huayna Picchu, but no less beautiful. Machu Picchu Mountain is located on the other side of the ruins of Huayna Picchu. There are 400 daily passes available. You can start your ascent between 7 and 11. The trail is less pronounced than Huayna Picchu, but it is a longer walk (takes about 3 hours total)
Note: If you want to visit Huayna Picchu Mountain you must pay an additional USD.20